Thursday, April 16, 2015

February: Classes start, Visitors, Sushi-Go-Round, Okinawa Zoo


I started grad school classes in February. It's been several years since I finished my undergraduate degree, so getting my academic brain back in action took a few weeks. I'm taking two classes this term, one with UMUC and one with SNHU. I'm loving being back in school, though the thought of homework is always in the back of my mind. But thankfully I have enough time at work while I'm proctoring tests to do all my homework, so I don't actually have to do any at home at all! It's working out quite well.

Our college friend Gem visited for a few days. She teaches English in Taiwan, which is just a short flight away. She and two other girls needed to renew their visas, so they stayed with us and we showed them the island.


A new favorite place of ours is the sushi-go-round. This particular one is called Hamazushi. You select what item you want from the screen, and a few minutes later, it appears on the belt and you snag it. Or else you can simply grab any of the plates that are not marked as reserved. At the end of the night, you pay based on how many plates are stacked on your table. Such a fun way to have a meal! They even have hamburger sushi. 



In late February, we spent a day at the zoo with the other RPs. They're pretty good at getting us to drive them wherever they want to go. But we hadn't been to this zoo, so we were happy to go.









No comments:

Post a Comment