Thursday, July 18, 2013

July 18th, 2013

As I mentioned before, Nathan made E4 earlier this year, although he has yet to be pinned. Even though he made it, the pay raise does not kick in for awhile. We learned earlier this week that I cannot go to Okinawa until it does. At this point, we're looking at November. It's heartbreaking, thinking of being apart for several more months, especially after working so hard to get everything done and being told I could go next month.

The next few months, being honest, will be hard. The past few days have been long as the reality sinks in that I will not be spending the summer or most of the fall with him, and that I have already lived longer with my in-laws than I have with him. He has to spend the months alone, working and learning the area. Although we are each doing well in our respective locations, the time apart is heartache. But we know we will make it, so we keep pressing forward.

With this news, our perspectives have to change a little. I've begun job hunting, looking for something to pass the time. He is creating a better grocery plan that fits with his geo-bachlor state. We have to get used to the idea that our relationship will be a cyber one for several more months. It's an adjustment, and we do not cherish the idea of spending so much time apart. But we know it isn't forever, and our marriage is, so we will just keep waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment